Re: [sumo-user] Speed distribution and flows

Hello,
the section contained some explanations that were not up-to-date with version 1.0.0. (until just now)
I recommend that you read it again.

The speedFactor is sampled for every vehicle (flow or otherwise). However, if you set the deviation value to 0.0
(either by setting speedDev="0" or speedFactor="normc(x,0.0,y,z)") then the value will be a constant x for all vehicles of that type.

The speedFactor must be positive and within the capping boundaries.

regards,
Jakob

I have two brief questions regarding speed distribution and flows. Firstly, reading about Speed Distributions at:

I come across: "For flows, every inserted vehicle will draw an individual chosen speed multiplier as well."
My question is then if this is true only when defining the attribute speedFactor similarly as in the example, for instance as speedFactor="normc(1,0.1,0.2,2)", or when dealing with flows is an individually chosen speed multiplier drawn for every inserted vehicle even if speedFactor is set to a fixed float and the attribute speedDev is set to speedDev="0.0" for the vehicle type that the flow concerns?

Secondly, is there any restrictions on the range of allowed values for the attribute speedFactor?

Best regards
Jimmy