[sumo-user] Collect Edge stat

Hello there,

I would like to collect some stats about the edges such as  length, mean speed, mean density,.......

I know  a few approaches, and I think the second one is the easiest/fastest approach but I have some difficulty to make it practical:

1-using inductive loop detectors-> use additional file and create a loop for each lane-> time consuming, is there any existing script for this?

2- use MeanData-> I am not sure how I can instantiate this (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures), shall it be done through additional file (Is there any example for using this method)? what does id mean here?
idid (string)The id of this set of measurements. This user-defined id is needed for differentiating between multiple sets of measurements in a single output file.
Wiki says the id of measurement, so what does this actually mean? where and how shall I define the measurement formula? Is not this the edge id?
How many output it generates? one for each id? I need to use  mpl_dump_onNet.py for visulizing these outputs? Is there any existing script that can read these output?

3. Use --full-output -> makes the simulation very slow

4. TracCI-> slow down the simulation, I may just use this to get the length of all edges and save them in my database, if I cannot get the length in any other way.

I would be very grateful if you could advise.

Many thanks
Mohsen

Back to the top