Re: [sumo-user] Deactivate common walkingareas in junction corners?

Hello,
If your walkingareas look ugly, make sure that the road lanes disallow pedestrians.

If you have problems with the geometry you could also set a custom shape for the walkingarea (unfortunately this only works in plain xml input and is not yet supported in netedit).

There is currently no way to disable the automatic connection of walking areas (except adding another edge in between that prevents pedestrians (it would be fine if that edge disallows all traffic) as shown below.

regards,
Jakob

I have some trouble getting the geometry right around pedestrian crossings. At four-leg intersections, the walkingareas connect both pedestrian crossings in the same corner automatically when using netconvert. Maybe that's a nice feature for networks with sidewalk lanes and for whom does not care about geometry. But is there already a way to deactivate this?

The wiki (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Pedestrians#Building_a_network_for_pedestrian_simulation) says:

"These walkingareas are generated automatically as long as the option --crossings.guess is set or there is at least one user-defined crossing in the network. If no crossings are wanted in the network it is also possible to enable the creation of walkingareas by setting the option --walkingareas. "

I have user-defined crossings to integrate using netconvert. In my case, I would prefer separate walkingareas per crossing (if they are needed for proper working of pedestrians).

Best regards

Mirko