Re: [sumo-user] netconvert - turnaround and dead-end edges

There is no dead end tag for edges. The function is_fringe supports checking whether there are no incoming or no outgoing seperately by passing edge.getIncoming()  or edge.getOutgoing() as argument. (randomTrips.py uses this to avoid generating doomed trips).

Thank you for the reply, Jakob.

Follow-up question:
Considering a trip, a fringe edge with no outgoing edges is a reasonable destination, but not an
origin one. Do I have a way to access the dead-end tag or I have to handle it with
sumolib.net.edge.is_fringe()?

Thanks for opening the ticket :)

All the Best,
Lara

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 12:13:18 +0200
Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> sumolib.net.edge.is_fringe() will tell you if an edge has no incoming or no
> outgoing connections (turn-arounds do not count).
> I think adding a netconvert option to allow turnarounds only at dead-ends
> is a good idea (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4170)
>
> regards,
> Jakob

> > Dear All,
> >
> > using netconvert from an OSM-like file, I need to avoid turnaorund in the
> > intersections, while
> > allowing it in the residential edges that are dead-ends.
> >
> > The only options I found are:
> > <no-turnarounds value="true" help="Disables building turnarounds"/>
> > <no-turnarounds.tls value="true" help="Disables building turnarounds at
> > tls-controlled
> > junctions"/>
> >
> > Is there a way I can fix this? (not with netedit, I need it to be
> > scriptable)
> > Given that the 'dead-end' is a tag in the junction, is there a way while
> > using sumolib and its edge
> > class to know if an edge is a dead end?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for the help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Lara
> >
> > Using Debian Unstable and
> > Eclipse SUMO Version 950502e87e
> >  Build features: Linux-4.16.0-1-amd64 Proj GUI GDAL FFmpeg OSG GL2PS SWIG
> >
> > --
> > Lara CODECA
> > Postdoc
> > Tel : 04.93.00.81.51