Re: [sumo-user] netconvert - turnaround and dead-end edges

Hello,
sumolib.net.edge.is_fringe() will tell you if an edge has no incoming or no outgoing connections (turn-arounds do not count).
I think adding a netconvert option to allow turnarounds only at dead-ends is a good idea (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4170)

regards,
Jakob

Dear All,

using netconvert from an OSM-like file, I need to avoid turnaorund in the intersections, while
allowing it in the residential edges that are dead-ends.

The only options I found are:
<no-turnarounds value="true" help="Disables building turnarounds"/>
<no-turnarounds.tls value="true" help="Disables building turnarounds at tls-controlled
junctions"/>

Is there a way I can fix this? (not with netedit, I need it to be scriptable)
Given that the 'dead-end' is a tag in the junction, is there a way while using sumolib and its edge
class to know if an edge is a dead end?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards,
Lara

Using Debian Unstable and
Eclipse SUMO Version 950502e87e
 Build features: Linux-4.16.0-1-amd64 Proj GUI GDAL FFmpeg OSG GL2PS SWIG

--
Lara CODECA
Postdoc

EURECOM