Re: [sumo-user] Rerouting after closing a lane

Hello,
- regarding your routing issue: If the vehicles have an alternative route they should use it. Otherwise a warning is issued and the old route is kept. This could lead to the symptoms you see.
If the vehicles have an alternative route then please send me a minimal scenario which shows the problem so I can look for a potential bug.
- the different routing algorithms are explained at http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/Simulation/Routing.html#Routing_Algorithms. They are set globally for the application run. If you want to modify reouting behavior you need to load different edge weights or route by effort rather than traveltime. See the overview at  http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/Simulation/Routing.html

regards,
Jakob

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the rerouting in TraCi.

I have an edge with two lanes and I want to close one of them (the outer one).

What I do is I disallow all vehicles on that lane and then reroute them, but they still try to use the inner

one to get to their destination despite it having no connection to said destination.

What happens is that the vehicle stops infront of the junction and just sits there.

Any idea on how to fix that?

Furthermore I wanted to knoe, if different vehicles can use different routing algorithms, if there are any.

Thanks in advance for your help