[sumo-user] TraCI/C++TraCIAPI with Visual Studio

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new at SUMO and Visual Studio. For a project I am working on I want to use the TraCI interface. So far I use Python to connect to TraCI and it worked really good.
Now I want to use C++ to do the same since for my project it is more convenient to have C++ code instead of Python. However I have really big problems to find out how set up TraCI/C++TraCIAPI connection.

I tried to follow the guide (http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/TraCI/C%2B%2BTraCIAPI.html) that is on the wiki and to run the example code but I have problems in compling it. I use Visual Studio 2015.
This is what I did:
I copyed all the files that where listed on the wiki and added them in the file where my main.cpp is located:

src/utils/traci/TraCIAPI.h

src/utils/traci/TraCIAPI.cpp

src/foreign/tcpip/socket.h

src/foreign/tcpip/socket.cpp

src/foreign/tcpip/storage.h

src/foreign/tcpip/storage.cpp

src/traci-server/TraCIConstants.h

src/libsumo/TraCIDefs.h

Further more I added windows_config.h and config.h also because some of the headerfiles include them as well.
Then I looked in to the code and when one of those files was included I changed the path since those files are now located in the same file as the main.cpp file.

When I try to build the project I get a lot of errors saying: unsolved external … .

I am pretty sure I make a big mistake somewhere but I just don’t know how to do it in the right way.
Does anyone has experience with
setting up TraCI/C++TraCIAPI connection using Visual Studio and can tell me what I have to do instead or what the problem might be?

Thank you
BR

Gunnar

Back to the top