Re: [sumo-user] Remote controlled vehicle in SUMO using TraCI's movetoXY()

Hello,
I have not seen this problem before but I have run tests were the vehicle drives far away from any roads without glitch.
However, I could imagine such an effect occurring if the remote controlled vehicle is the only one in the network.
If this is the case, please test if the problem can be made to disappear by adding other vehicles moving normally on roads.
Otherwise, I would probably need your network and moveToXY coordinates to try and reproduce this on my side.

regards,
Jakob

currently we are using SUMO v0.32. We'd like to set a vehicle to an arbitrary position in the map, regardless of being close to an edge/lane or in the middle of nowhere. Using moveToXY() with the keep_route option on 2, this only works as expected when the position is close to a lane (about one width of the vehicle). When driving offroad, the SUMO-Gui stops responding, just occasionally giving an update. Has anyone had the same problem? Is there an easy fix on the side of SUMO server?

Best regards!

Marc