Re: [sumo-user] Sumo connections_file.xsd

Hello,
connections without 'to' are used to indicate the absence of connections from a particular edge or lane. This is necessary to prevent netconvert from guessing additional connections when importing plain-xml files.
It can also be used when creating patch files to remove connections form a network.

regards,
Jakob

Dear Sumo team, I have seen in the connections_file.xsd some attributes marked as "optional". I have also seen that in some cases they are really omitted, i.e. netconvert generates plain connections xml with some connections that only have "from" attribute.

My question is, what is the meaning of a connection with only a "from" attribute (without "to")? Do they represent real connections? Or it is just to keep the generation of the file simple, and they will be ignored during xml parsing?

Thank you in advance,

Levente