[sumo-user] Segmentation fault when rear-end collision occur

Dear all,

SUMO gives me segmentation fault (core dump) when the vehicle crashes in the simulation, is this a normal expected behaviour from SUMO? Actually, I am not even sure why the crash happens. I am using SUMO version 0.26.0 that is a part of PLEXE. I am using the following specification for all vehicles:

<vType id="vtypehuman" accel="2.5" decel="6.0" sigma="0.3" tau="1.0" length="4" minGap="2" lcLookaheadLeft="10.00"  maxSpeed="33.33" carFollowModel="Krauss" color="0,1,1" probability="1" laneChangeModel="JE2013"></vType>

This is part of my configuration file:
    <time>
        <begin value="0"/>
        <end value="86400"/>
        <step-length value="0.01"/>
    </time>

    <processing>
        <collision action="remove"/>
    </processing>

My scenario is that there are a flow of vehicles on the highway and another flow coming from "on-ramp", then they are suppose to merge and continue on the highway. I will try to illustrate the road below. The problem is, at some point, when a vehicle from the on-ramp, merge into the main road, after the lane change, it just accelerate and crash into its preceding vehicle. Then, the simulation crash with segmentation fault.

            / /
           / /

Although it did not crash when I use IDM, the IDM gave unwanted behaviour, i.e. it sometimes stop (or slow down significantly) after it perform the lane change.

Please advise.

Best Regards,
Maytheewat Aramrattana

Back to the top