Re: [sumo-user] [MICROSCOPIC SIMULATION][SIMULATION STEP][vNext]

It is not possible to read the vNext value of the current simulation step via TraCI before that step is done. Since it generally depends on the interactions of all vehicles it is only known after the simulation step has been fully computed.

If you use moveToXY, then vNext for that vehicle is not used. The speed value for the vehicle is deduced from the covered distance. You could therefore perform the same computation in your own code and would not need TraCI for this at all.

regards,
Jakob

Thanks Jakob.
At the end now I'm strongly convinced that, to do what we planned, we have to read vNext variable.

As far as you know is it accessible through TraCI? Do you think, moreover, that could be possible to create a script in MATLAB to read this variable?

I have to admit that till now we are using SUMo with traci4matlab, instead of python, cause we are more experienced with it and I can assure

Regards

Ing. Luca Di Costanzo