Re: [sumo-user] k-Shortest Paths

Hello,
running marouter at runtime is possible but you will have to generate the corresponding xml inputs in your script and parse the outputs as well.
There are currently no existing tools for directly generating alternative routes at simulation time.
If you implement something, a useful algorithm for getting algernative routes is the penalty method (also used by marouter). Simply penalize the edges of the current best route(s) (i.e. using traci.vehicle.setAdaptedTravelTime)  and compute another fastest route.
This could even be added as a helper function to the traci clients.

regards,
Jakob

Hello,

I’m currently trying to generate k-shortest paths for each vehicle (which requires rerouting) at linear intervals (>100 seconds). However, I’m currently wondering if I should implement an algorithm myself or if there are any tools currently available in SUMO which shall automate it. Specifically, I’ve seen that there’s a tool available called the Marouter which produces k paths, but I’m wondering if I could call this during runtime with the current traffic conditions and for each vehicle?

Kind regards,
Jonathan