Re: [sumo-user] On-ramps with opposing direction edges using NETCONVERT converting from OpenDRIVE

Hello,
these lanes are of type 'restricted' so you can just delete that type from the type file to get rid of them.
Some additional notes:
- the geometrical detail when importing opendrive files is set to a segment length of 2m by default. In many contexts this value can be set much higher without impacting simulation results (thereby reducing network size).
- the resulting .net.xml file  of 8mb size (with default detail) should not pose a problem for netedit (we routinely edit networks beyond 100mb in size). Are you noticing editing speed problems with the latest development version and if so, on which operating systems?

regards,
Jakob

Hey everybody,

I used NETCONVERT to generate a SUMO network out of the OpenDRIVE file of the German motorway A9, which is publicly available at http://www.mdm-portal.de/. After adjusting the edge type file (disallow stop for all vehicle classes), I get a very good first result. However, the off-ramps are created with an additional narrow edge that leads on the motorway (so opposing traffic), which as a result makes vehicles slow down extremely at these junctions without necessity. In the OpenDRIVE file I can’t see these edges. Is this a known issue and is there an option to avoid the creation of such edges? Manually deleting these edges helps, but is a bit tedious since Netedit is struggling a bit with this huge network.

Thanks in advance

Jakob Kaths