[sumo-user] On-ramps with opposing direction edges using NETCONVERT converting from OpenDRIVE

Hey everybody,

I used NETCONVERT to generate a SUMO network out of the OpenDRIVE file of the German motorway A9, which is publicly available at http://www.mdm-portal.de/. After adjusting the edge type file (disallow stop for all vehicle classes), I get a very good first result. However, the off-ramps are created with an additional narrow edge that leads on the motorway (so opposing traffic), which as a result makes vehicles slow down extremely at these junctions without necessity. In the OpenDRIVE file I can’t see these edges. Is this a known issue and is there an option to avoid the creation of such edges? Manually deleting these edges helps, but is a bit tedious since Netedit is struggling a bit with this huge network.

Thanks in advance

Jakob Kaths

Back to the top