Re: [sumo-user] Combining Edges Using NetConvert

Hello,
To join edges that have the same attributes and that do not have a "real" intersection with multiple edges between them (so-called geometry-like nodes), set the option
--geometry.remove
There is currently no option to automatically split edges to achieve a maximum length.
To compare congestion values among edges it might be easier to normalize the measure with the edge length rather than trying to enforce homogeneous edge lengths.

regards,
jakob

Hello all,

I’m currently building a small network from OSM -> .net.xml through NetConvert. I’m attempting to find the average congestion on a given road segment, however, I have ran into a minor issue. I was wondering if there was a way to combine the edges between junctions, so that edges which are connected from junction A to B are counted as a single edge (rather than being split up which is currently happening).

Further to this, is it possible to define a maximum length of an edge? Given that the distance between junction A and B is say 100m, and we define the maximum edge length to be 60m, would it be possible to automatically generate 2 edges between these junctions of lengths 60m and 40m?

Kind regards,
Jonathan

---