[sumo-user] Simulation is not using the specified Wiedemann Model

How do I make sure that the simulation is using the Wiedemann Model?

In my simulation this is how I am defining the Wiedemann model:

        <vType id="car1" vClass="passenger" accel="1.4" decel="1.8" length="4.64" maxSpeed="33" color="1,1,1" carFollowModel="Wiedemann" tau="1.0" security="1.0" estimation="1.0" emergencyDecel="5.5" apparentDecel="5.0">
</vType>

But the vehicle that uses this vType does not move according to the Wiedemann model.

In this picture "EXT" is the vehicle which has been assigned "car1" from above and "Ford1" is the leader of "EXT" which is moving according to a predefined speed via TraCI.

According to my manual calculations, the speed difference (dv) becomes greater than the threshold (sdv) at time step 81, so it is expected that the driver "EXT" should decelerating in the next time step. But as you can see this does not happen and the driver begins to decelerate at time step 89 resulting in the collision.

Back to the top