Re: [sumo-user] SUMO users

Hello,
I cannot give you a definite answer because anybody can just download sumo and use it without our knowledge.
However, I can give you some data points that reflect usage:
- SUMO is often cited in scientific publications which suggests that I has a large user base in the research community. Google scholar gives 18k hits one sumo simulation:
  https://scholar.google.de/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=sumo+simulation&btnG=
  This compares favourably with comparative traffic simulation software packages
- A while ago we did an analysis on the research topics where sumo was used: http://elib.dlr.de/82739/
- The participants at our annual SUMO User Conference are ~2/3 academia and 1/3 industry. In 2017 we had contributions from Volvo, Volkswagen, FHOÖ, rFpro, University of Trento, UNAM, ... (http://elib.dlr.de/118438/). I do not think that many cities use sumo directly. This market is dominated by commercial simulation software.
- sourceforge registers 30k+ annual downloads with a nice trendline: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sumo/files/sumo/stats/timeline?dates=2005-03-19+to+2018-03-19

regards.
Jakob

Hi!

I'd like to know whom are the main users on SUMO in world. Mais institutes and cities. My objective is to justify its use on my job.