Re: [sumo-user] fcd-output: speed issue

Hello,
i haven't personally used this method of operation so I have no data to compare too. However, your finding does not surprise me insofar as sumo still generates the full amount of xml output. Most likely the socket buffering parameters are not optimized for speed as they are for writing to disk. I'm forwarding this to my colleague who may be able to help with setting the correct parameters.

regards,
Jakob

I tried to use the fcd-output and write data to a port. The reason for this is to avoid large files, which I have assumed slows down the computation.

I do this by first starting python in a command prompt:

c:\temp\SUMO_RESULTS_automized\Simulations>python traceExporter.py –fcd-input 43214 --delta-t 1 --begin 3000 --gpsdat-output test.txt

Then I start SUMO with:

SumoVersion --time-to-teleport 80 --fcd-output localhost:43214 --step-length 0.1 -b 0 -e 4501 -n netPath -r PHEMrouPath -a addPath --start --quit-on-end &

My problem with this is that the simulation runs significantly slower than when running without fcd-output and creating a very large file.

Have I done something wrong?

Rgds /Daniel