Re: [sumo-user] Sim using Windows version gives different results than Mac version

Hello Hector,
unfortunately this does not come as a big surprise. SUMO is compiled
with different compilers (Visual Studio for Windows, probably gcc or
clang for Mac, depending on the method of installation) and makes heavy
use of floating point calculations which are optimized differently.
If you look at our nightly tests you see the same picture:
http://sumo.dlr.de/daily

If the difference gets so big, it is usually because the network is
either operating at the limit (at least locally) where a single vehicle
which makes it over a junction makes the difference between flow or
deadlock; or there is some peculiarity in the network (for example a
short edge where a vehicle still fits in the one model and not in the
other). If you really want to find out what is going on you can do fcd
outputs on both machines and look for the first difference. You can also
send us the scenario and we can have a look.

Best regards,
Michael