Re: [sumo-user] parking lot

Hello,
the city-mobil tutorial is outdated in regard to parking and there is currenlty no tutorial for using parkingAreas.
You can download the input files from our nightly tests to get an example:
https://github.com/DLR-TS/sumo/tree/master/tests/sumo/extended/rerouter/parking

If you define a vehicle flow with random timing (attribute 'probability') you will get a binomibial departure distribution (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes#Repeated_vehicles_.28Flows.29.)
However, there is currenlty no tool to achieve randomized stopping durations. Youl would have to definie individual vehicles with explicit stop duration values and ensure the desired distribution yourself.
regards,
Jakob

I want to create a parking lot where vehicles arrive and leave the parking according a poisson or binomial distribution
I see the city-mobil tutorial. But, it is difficult to undrestand and there is no dicumentation.
I tried to define a parking using a parking area. I tried to use it as an additional file in the sumocfg file. But, it wasn't token into consideration when the topology was generated in the sumo-gui.
Can you please tell me if there is an easy example or a tutorial that can help me?
Thank you in advance.