Re: [sumo-user] Traci stopping on route with duplicate edges

Hello,
vehicle.setStop() accepts the named parameter startPos. When not set, this defaults to the current vehicle position (causing the error in your case).
simply call setStop(.... pos=50, startPos=49) and it should work.
regards,
Jakob

Hello,

I am using the Traci python library to connect to Sumo. I am using Traci to reroute vehicles through the network. I have encountered a strange situation where I am on a particular edge, say “A”, at a certain position, say 100. I am rerouting a vehicle to go to the same edge at a position slightly before e.g. edge “A” with position 50. So my new route would look as follows: [A, B, C, D, E, …, F, A]. I would like the vehicle to stop on edge “A” at position 50 (i.e. the last edge in the route).

However, I get an error from SUMO: “traci.exceptions.TraCIException: End position on lane must be after start position.”. Is there a way to specify which index on the route to stop on, or in general a way to avoid this error?

Many thanks,

Xavier