AW: [smila-dev] RE: FYI :: new feature :: Message Resequencer

Hi Thomas,

> Before I answer all your questions (and I feel rather silly about
that) I think
> the main diff. between our two approaches are, that you are looking
for a solution
> that works 90% of the times while I have been thinking about a
solution that works
> 100% of the times (at least I hope so) and hence the elaborate wiki
page.
I have the impression, that you've missed my point:
You are constantly debating the approach to solve the problem, while I
want to define the problem and the solution requirements first.

So to avoid further misunderstanding I'll try to be very brief:

The problem (that you're trying to solve with resequencer) can be
defined as: "The execution order of operations on _one_ particular
record _does_ matter and _must be_ obeyed."

My major points are:
 1. This problem does currently exist.
 2. The occurrence is quite low - in real word use cases.
 3. In order to be highly scalable _we must take care_ that this problem
does not occur!
Therefore I would define the _real_ problem as: "How to make sure that
the execution order of operations on _one_ particular record _does not_
matter."
Can we agree on this?

BTW: I would be very happy if other team members would join this IMO
important discussion. Guys, please participate!

Regards
Igor

Back to the top