From:        Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        servlet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        07/21/2020 13:22
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [servlet-dev] Release staged 5.0.0 to Maven Central
Sent by:        servlet-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 21/07/2020 18:25, Kevin Sutter wrote:
> Mark,
> What other naming conventions are you referring to?  The discussion on
> the call is that the trailing ".api" on some of the other proposed
> module names was wrong and should be removed.

On what basis?

Naming conventions are documented here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JakartaEE_Maven_Versioning_Rules

That explicitly states JPMS module names are excluded.

The most recent discussion of JPMS names of which I am aware is this one:
https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-spec-project-leads/msg00389.html

If a formal decision has been made on JPMS names since then I don't
recall seeing it. Given the lists I am subscribed to I would have
expected to see any proposed naming policy and/or discussion about said
policy and/or announcement of such policy.

Absent a formal decision, my recommendation continues to be "Take the
OSGI symbolic name and replace any "-" with ".". For servlet that gives
"jakarta.servlet.api"

Mark

 For example, jsp and el

https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/232#issuecomment-661953843):