Re: [servlet-dev] is javax.servlet-api-4.0.1.jar supported over Open JDK ?

Yes it is. Note that the minimum required Java version is Java 8.

However, you'll want to check the supported platforms for the Servlet
container you have chosen to host your application. That will be a
question for the Servlet container vendor.

Mark