[sdv-wg] WG: Proposal to form a Rust SiG within Eclipse SDV
  • From: "Schildt Sebastian (ETAS-E2E/XPC-Fe)" <Sebastian.Schildt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 06:01:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=de.bosch.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=de.bosch.com; dkim=pass header.d=de.bosch.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=122MaxM8a3v1SnFLbapCtOWLE0RzBBlOl2PqmnhPpyk=; b=ar75qA06xA4Oz3rqEF3UAB1QgqGWYahygx1TA0kTkMl38K6AFnOj/N8pLbR5xGOIpLqfNvsCHEvDuoK289t6IohlF7RumjgrQkxpbv5sIDqXvX9/Q45j9N9vOfajAwA86dLohyTZ5cD2AzoyUUc42A0/wdjU20Yx6r9Im9a2yh+hhGjKLBZ6PV2cUgwV7ytukXJ6i9XJN2rguHeF0sJXQiPSvdHKD2t91IH6Vqmp7VUblL/R/7Se0Wv9D+m63w9dnll4LWXDZlmuXNxicEFruZ0KHtBYQRPBvc8nVYbwc4EMlN+59Mp3wpc9RFjk3JzLlO1O4EDQWLdNW8R4qujUVA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=checyOY41oBwjT8hOBsAC391rfzPtwH2u1fYheRGZ76KJYTqTqA2Dc04ZgM/3W1Srhh11RKPODWFC8n5WfqlhQ0GqDcGRshYID9QQxcwEi9CdOU1xcsLlixocvt5nCni9YO42P/yye4+OsuX4gyMJ0M7k+sJpCBx7iQNVukJbwFXJQg8usQo7drh6rdKoBrt49Ro/u9/Ph55Z/RUzKqik9VHVL+eOY847qxtU8MYUh++aBzS39JWY7LKYkZ5klxSaQwVdqt0oYrfDtOs5tuVKHmBN48iW/KAdM0Cgt7Q8KPGOePafjxV2ZToa3YChG8lU+65np75sVdgylFSFDObzA==

Hi,

as a Rust based Eclipse SDV Project,  we (KUKSA) support "anything Rust", which would include the SiG. I think in terms of Eclipse SDV we should scope such SiG activities "carefully", luckily there are a lot of Rust lobbying activities/persons around, also in Automotive (not only, but also increasingly with an eye on safety).

In that sense we should do something "with that", and clearly point out that we as Eclipse SDV are at least aboard the train, if not even leading here and there. At the same time we should be careful not to "redo again" what is happening and nicely driven elsewhere anyway. I still believe WRITING​ Rust code should be focus in Eclipse SDV, with good communication/marketing on top, but not the other way around. (I am sure that is not what you were suggesting, as I know your company is strong in the "doing" here @Florian ,  just wanted to spell this out very clearly 🙂 )

Sebastian

Sebastian Schildt
ETAS SDV

ETAS GmbH, ETAS-E2E/XPC-Fe
Borsigstraße 24, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
www.etas.com

ETAS – Empowering Tomorrow’s Automotive Software

Managing Directors: Dr. Thomas Irawan, Nicolet Eglseder, Mariella Minutolo
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Walter Schirm
Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB: 19033