[sdv-wg] Call-for-Kick-off on our Tech Alignment task groups
  • From: "Krippner Daniel (SDV/EAR ETAS-VCS/ETH)" <daniel.krippner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 15:00:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=de.bosch.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=de.bosch.com; dkim=pass header.d=de.bosch.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=iP/37ZWR8YNdbEE8hvAHaP8D2tFSQ+TDbxyLiXYjogg=; b=Oj4CB0d3bO303N2uLsirojNXFepkNWYIxwt6lTpv6zGZzJhrTCZJsoZe9a2mt1JM2Acg7jSVgPzaQqZ2tovJn+gmM43vOKyc1Ncu2IVAvgteAY5edfwZN31HXZ9mWqW8pAUpyroKcwvIxV03IibD0Y2TmQV85/u/FTjOSEr1O13/8PR6VpjcVXus00iGW7z4piPKyCtYt5EzU1pdcHAD0NKRIzQB05Pvz7xZ2NXnjUpAugKYEFnYfb6K0ksVQG6O/JvmKO/MaqukDO+2qOeChBZ03qA+EKAawmt7Ul2wIq6R9ouLBYns2lgiKHOfhunvrGfq8QYmAq4pAMsEPCkymA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=N7p+mqksyQ/lmYuhFV01FAiqCblZJb6Lux1hwAgIrD6pWFuOnvx8CpC8NXAiMDmu0Z6hEYOxcrN3VDtQ3U4UZCTemewITodyaLLnMppj0UC6+gmtcY2LxydfDLdTogdCfMselh1Wtjv4OOv4LsI/m81Abjfj/2hSN7F7InC9l+C8h11Y05OeuC4u3Zf+Bivhfx+HNjbYiF0glJlFb5i0hX+0toG5NYzArToomgfHhx/G/ENw1IziGE5P+IsRZ4VJxas1xl7y/FGpRFJv7lG69UiNi+c3Begxsb4JNI5BEvU5VYBxsVEedzbIn3tAhKIAA+4Gm4BNh6BwVJEYdcCSuA==

               Hi everyone!

Thank you who participated and enlivened the discussion on this week’s SDV Tech Alignment session – I thought it was a good start, and was happy that we already had a varied discussion in that first real session. Let us continue in that style! 😊

As announced, I have created discussion and opt-in space for the two task-groups we discussed (“Core Scope of SDV, Key Capabilities and Alignment Points in our SDV ecosystem" and “What does automotive-grade actually mean? Actionably guidance for OSS projects”):

https://sdvworkinggroup.slack.com/archives/C0415N7E69L/p1662704542369659

Please have a look, give input and who feels they want to contribute, please throw your hat into the ring and we’ll get going asap!

Also, special Thanks to Filipe, for being our notekeeper, and setting a high bar:

(Meeting minutes will be tracked here going forward: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bZ7WpuoxFHCdftrF2-vt7IZchKMKITQSOZFfOZbNok/edit?usp=sharing)

Eclipse SDV Technical Alignment Meeting

06/09/2022

Meeting Minutes

The meeting opened with 2 topics for community awareness and feedback:

  • The next Eclipse SDV Technical Alignment Meeting will be moved from Tuesday to Monday, the 19th of September.
  • A proposal was made to occasionally invite people and organizations to introduce topics to the ESDV Community
    • can be anything raging from specific projects and/or topics related to SDV,
    • not directly related to SDV.
    • OpenFastTrace was given as an example.
    • Duration can be something short (15mins) with a recurring schedule of once a month
    • Community welcomed and agreed with proposal.
    • A document will be created to capture list of topics and volunteers/presenters

The meeting then went on with the topics on the agenda:

  • The community discussed some concrete examples on the why and what:
  • The ecosystem is not a specific take or leave it - anyone can contribute their view and technical choices and implementation
    • eg: CNCF CRI – you can bring your own proposal and components for a container image format and discuss its value and how can be leveraged by the community
  • a proposal was made to create a breakout group, coordinated via Slack, to discuss if and what does it mean for the Eclipse SDV projects to be Automotive Grade
  • a proposal was made to create a breakout group, coordinated via Slack, to discuss and define hardware platforms and tooling to endorse so that all project contributions can benefit from. Eg: soafee integration
  • The community discussed the need to consider / assess existing frameworks, how Eclipse SDV approach differentiates from others, what is in and out of scope for Eclipse SDV. Eg: of existing frameworks and components like automotive grade linux, autosar adpative
    • It was highlighted to the community that a similar workstream is ingoing in SOAFEE and we could have a jointly collaboration and contribution across both.
    • The community continued the discussion highlighting topics like higher safety requirements, safety and non-safety applications, simulation in a digital world, interfaces and data standardization needs, observability, open source in auto industry, autosar and OTA, standardized package formats and used the CNCF landscape example to suggest a workstream in ESDV to create our landscape.
    • A point was made on the attractiveness of Eclipse SDV ecosystem and code 1st approach to create a healthy ecosystem to support and drive innovation and symbiose across the multiple projects.
    • There was also a point on the need to have more OEMs joining and collaborating the ESDV community to help capture the customer demand into requirements for the landscape definition and project contributions.
    • The discussion on the above topic went on with points made that in past the linux community also had the same feedback – eg: SAP cannot run on Linux. The open source community then worked together to capture the requirements and contribute project submissions to support and run SAP on linux.
    • A point was made that we should see more members joining ESDV and with the upcoming events like the EclipseCon and Bosch Connected World SDV hackathons this will create momentum where we can demonstrate to OEMS and automotive players the value and innovation ESDV projects can bring to the table.
    • The community agreed with the creation of a slack work stream to start collaboration and creation of the ESDV landscape and supporting artifacts but always with 2 things in mind: the power of the code 1st approach to support the creation of artifacts and supporting the definition of standards and avoid one and only solution.
    • a proposal was made to create a breakout group, coordinated via Slack, to discuss the scope and alignment points of the SDV Ecosystem

Looking forward to the next sessions,

               Daniel

Back to the top