Re: [sdv-wg] Invitation to Join the SDV Working Group’s Inaugural Steering Committee Meeting - March 3, 2022

Dear SDV Community,

It’s my pleasure to announce that the majority of interested organizations have been able to finalize the paperwork by Monday Feb 28th. Among them 3 strategic members (ETAS, Microsoft and ZF), 5 contributing members (Accenture, Capgemini, Continental, Digital Mobile Innovations and  Red Hat) and 3 supporting members (AVL, Karakun and Reycom AG). We are also aware that a couple of organizations are still working hard on getting the paper-work done in the next few days so we hope that others will make the Thursday deadline . So the community will continue to grow in the next days and weeks.

As announced in my previous email, we will invite all subscribed SDV members to the planned steering committee meeting tomorrow. The strategic members will have voting rights, while we are happy to have the participant and supporting members as observers in this very first steering committee meeting.

We at the Eclipse Foundation are extremely pleased to bring this WG to life and to see such a huge interest in this initiative. One of the next steps after formally establishing the working group will be to onboard the various already communicated open source projects to fill the idea of “Code first” with meaningful content.

Thank you all for your strong support in the recent weeks especially also to the now official members of the working group. We are aware that the deadlines were tight and that you spent significant effort in your organizations to drive this forward.

Best regards
--Michael

Michael Plagge

Director Ecosystem Development | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH

M: +49 (0) 172 8688 326 | LinkedIn

Berliner Allee 47, 64295 Darmstadt - Germany

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 92821

Managing Directors: Gaël Blondelle, Mike Milinkovich