Re: [science-pmc] [CQ 12753] science.scanning

On 17 February 2017 at 12:51, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please go ahead and approve it. IMHO, PMC approval for a CQ is intended to
> indicate that we agree with the intent of the submission and that it meets
> the goals of the project. It's not to ensure the contents meets legal or
> other requirements (at this stage). The IP team will address issues like
> missing copyright notices. It's a probably a good idea to take a look at the
> contents to see if it looks reasonable, but otherwise most things can be
> fixed once it's in the repo.

Great, I have approved it then.

> I'd be happy to have Science Project formatter and clean-up profiles that we
> recommend projects adopt. PTP has developer guidelines we could use as a
> starting point: https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/policy/developer_guidelines as
> does CDT: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/policy
>
> I'd be wary of making this an absolute requirement, at least for existing
> projects. But it might be worth discussing with the project leads to see if
> they would be agreeable.

I wouldn't make a single format a requirement at the Science project
level, more an encouragement to have a single format. For a new
project coming on board it is a perfect opportunity to do the
house-cleaning issues such as reformat the entire code base as history
is being dropped anyway so no churn there.

Jonah

Back to the top