Re: [riena-dev] Shared view between subapplications?

Wiki is the best source that we currently have. Its not even close to be complete but thats all we currently have.

christian

Am 29.04.2009 um 17:18 schrieb Todd Lee:

Thanks again Christian,

That certainly does clarify the notion of the navigation tree. I also just noticed the 'Navigation Concepts' on the Riena Project page, so I'm going through that to get a better handle on the myriad of possibilities that riena presents ;)

Are there other sources of documentation that I might not be aware of? Might be of particular usefulness for some of the more complex concepts.

Thx

-----Original Message-----
From: riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Christian Campo
Sent: Wed 4/29/2009 7:38 AM
To: Riena Developers list
Subject: Re: [riena-dev] Shared view between subapplications?

Hi Todd,

you can do many things :-)

- use the same view class in multiple assemblies but that is really a
no-brainer :-)
- create instances of the same assembly in multiple part of your
application

so an assembly is really something like a template a part of a
navigation tree that is predefined and only when you create a
navigation node, you can either use as parentType Id the one specified
in the assembly or in some (or all) cases define depending on your
code a different own.
How is that done.

Creating a new navigationId (and therefore a part of the tree
structure) is either done by getNavigationNode().create(new
NavigationNodeId("something"), new NavigationArgument(.....)), or by
using the navigate method with the same argument. create just creates
it, navigate also jumps there (activates it). The NavigationArgument
is optional and can contain a parameter (any object that the target
view controller can make sense of) and the parentTypeId (again
optional).

if the NavigationArgument has a parentTypeId the new nodeid (using the
assembly definition from the extension) is created and added where
parentTypeId defines it.

So at runtime you will get this large DOM-like tree where you have
application at top and below your subapplications, modulegroups,
modules and submodules. The assemblys can be used like LEGO stone to
add predefined subtrees anywhere into this large application model.
The parentTypeId in the extension is the default but can be
overwritten at runtime.

Makes sense ? if not let me know

christian