[riena-dev] SWT Ridget implementations becoming API ?

Hi committers,

I've noticed that some parts of the Ridget implementations (AbstractActionRidget, etc.) have been moved to org.eclipse.riena.ui.ridgets.swt. I know that some of you are working on custom ridgets using this stuff.

One concern I have is that we may restrict ourselves too much in the future, by promoting these implementations to API status too early.

Let me know your thoughts on this...

Kind regards,
Elias.

PS: A middle ground would to promote these classes to "provisional" api status. The drawback is that is adds an additional refactoring step of making the official API (package move). However it is understood by consumers that provisional APIs may change.

--
Elias Volanakis | Technical Lead | EclipseSource Portland
elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1 503 929 5537 | http://eclipsesource.com

Back to the top