[riena-dev] Out of topic - redrawEvents on OSX

Hi Elias,

i think it is not the normal / correct way to post "out of topic" mails to this developerlist, because it is not a swt list. Normally i won't do so!

But i have a strange problem with OSX-paintEvents and really hope you can help.

The following described functionality works really fine on win xp and vista. But there is a strange behaviour on OSX.

I have debuged, analysed, changed and tested for days. But i do not have an approach, what is wrong. Maybe a method on a Control has to be called, which i do not know??!!

If i drop an swt-control in the designerEditor, the ui gets white. Sometimes in parts, sometimes the whole editor. See Incorrect.png (On dropping a Control we dispose the old control, create a new one in the targeted Composite and place it at the given position.)
If i click somewhere in the editor the ui is repainted and everything is OK again. (Sometimes i have to click at different positions in the editor until the whole editor is visible again)
But if i click somewhere in a view as outline or projectExplorer, the whole editor gets repainted directly an all is visible again.

I tried to call redraw(), layout(), setRedraw(...) in different places in the sourceCode. But nothing works.

There is also the possibility to drag and drop the uiElements in the outlineView. (So no DndHandler of the DesignerEditor is active.) If i am using this function, the ui becomes always correct shown.

On eclipseCon we would like to show all 3 OS. So i hope you have an idea what could be the problem.

Many many thanks in advance,
Flo