Re: [rest-dev] Moving forward from Jakarta Rest 4.0 (vote/opinions wanted)

  • 4.0.0 (This branch was apparently automatically created by eclipse when the release went to ballot?  I assume it is to be used as a service branch for 4.0? )
This branch is the so-called "release branch". In most projects it gets a suffix "-RELEASE", but for REST we might have forgotten to add that (might have been me actually).

It contains the release commit (that set the version to 4.0.0) and the update version commit (that set the release to 4.0.1-SNAPSHOT). We normally merge the release branch into the main branch, and then delete the release branch. We should probably do at least the merge here, otherwise main will miss the commit that exactly marked 4.0.0.

We can then keep the current 4.0.0 indeed for service releases. Additionally we could rename it to 4.x?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top