Re: [rest-dev] [External] : Re: M1 action items
  • From: Santiago Pericasgeertsen <santiago.pericasgeertsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:45:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=oracle.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=oracle.com; dkim=pass header.d=oracle.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=vdZadZX++CzRkgZiwtK+/zaW323748oZbmvwmm/Gl9Y=; b=RAr1LEAowKJRyDlY2TCkJVDG+//Agv1FRnTfQfrvsCEZIIXnr3mkPxEFwzzlw+gAWFMmUbF4A0KeXud//GaLswp3aGx3/u/QtfWehPL6HvfeT1bV8+jsbZURctHxCfdhh4tjT2OdBD13vYFcDZMjOI43AEgW5Kw6AB6eL0Tb4kuV/y/AQEcWtdkf9XPRRrxWOYe48boPELsf7jNnqcZjgB2fGqRyaHNk9ShEiTH1ReIa7HDnApYN/dVVaOon3/BRG5MBX+DGSIQMMXFm6arwc7B8qYwX8WY7PvOjHw9KuxNJByM4xcx5idL3oNyXZBwS+0D4SGcTTO2lkNil9lwfMA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ezXLcROxZJr9ApbzT98/sSuF+NRe+0FfNcr1SfxPb9a5R9ipVv/Yvsp7PQPAe3At+mwJytZPLWBjI3zrzpYarfjIV+YIbKJGWj5B3cB3QTeJH+mxUXIqNbhVWB/vbSQA1sd+/GehBq+uD+zqXCu4JPOXM7E8vCYtxr5cvXK/omvfHYhgk7vtVsMRoH9qjd2h7/Zdwx3zzTKlAfg8U5jyOOCd4TDTQR6h/esM+MjVPgHjseT5xUiybS68/QOsGqxJ8sZ+RpDVxDk05TX1kPV0PZ74AGTcUXbYrdnV5BkIjjVT2EmhOwLmESK9LZQjAviZM5By2DxEGB+SMcgMMeP1Nw==

Ivar,

 I think it’s good for the platform team to provide some guidance and for the specs to comply with them. Having said that, if M1 is targeted for the end January, asking components to push artifacts nearly two months before seems unnecessary; it would make a lot more sense for the deadline to be two weeks before or something similar to that. IMO, it should be more important to deliver useful artifacts that people can use (it will certainly not be the case for Jakarta REST M1) than to meet some random dates.

 My 2 cents.

— Santiago