[rdf4j-dev] UUID and registration of the StrictEvaluationStrategy

Hi Jeen!

I was wondering if you could explain the need to register the evaluation strategy?

I’ve been doing some profiling and it comes up as a point of contention when creating a lot of queries. Two things essentially, one is the use of UUIDs which is fairly costly due to using the platform secure random source. The second is the need to store the eval strategy in a the cache together with the synchronization inside the cache.

https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/blob/fbfb00d3233b2f407c837dbbeb9fa66776cb0f75/core/queryalgebra/evaluation/src/main/java/org/eclipse/rdf4j/query/algebra/evaluation/impl/StrictEvaluationStrategy.java#L229

Essentially I’m wondering if we can just remove the use of both the UUID and the registration?

Cheers,
Håvard

Back to the top