Re: [ptp-user] Eclipse CPU usage

On Wednesday 06 August 2014 12:00:11 Greg Watson wrote:

> Christoph,

> What platform are you on? This would be a question to ask the the Eclipse

> Project. I?d start with the eclipse.platform forum

> (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=11) or you could

> open a bug against the Platform product.

> Greg

Greg,

thanks for the hint. At least as of today, no one else in this forum had observed something similar.

But before posting, it appears that I have to do a few more investigations on how to safely reproduce the error --- and how to avoid it.

Since you asked - my OS is Lubuntu trusty tahr (14.04) with Kubuntu-desktop (=KDE) and Ubuntu-desktop (=unity) installed on top. Today I changed the desktop from KDE to LXDE - and the effect disappeared. I closed Eclipse, switched the desktop back from LXDE to KDE - and the error didn't come back.

If this is reproducible, I have a work around. - Just flip the desktops KDE and LXDE back and forth and shut down and restart Eclipse at each desktop change - problem solved :-) Not the fastest and most elegant solution I'll have to admit :-)

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Christian Noll, Ivo Koerner

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top