[ptp-user] PTP environment management

Hi,

it seems that I have encountered a system that doesn't execute the environment
management properly. Just to make sure that it isn't my Eclipse installation,
* I set up two remote hosts and two remote build configurations.
* Both are 64-bit Linux with Intel compiler and Intel MPI.
* The second build configuration was cloned from the first.
* I only changed the remote root location for synchronization.
* In both cases, both boxes are ticked for environment management
  (means "Manually specify environment configuration commands")
* In both cases, the manual command looks like this.
" . <path1>/compilervars.sh intel64; . <path2>/bin64/mpivars.sh"
 (only the values for path1 and path2 are different on both hosts)

*but*
my parallel hello world compiles on the second host, but fails on the first
host with the error message "make[2]: mpiicc: Command not found".
Most likely, the manual configuration command was not executed.

The difference is that the second host has modules installed (just there is no
module for the Intel compiler), the first host has no modules installed. I
would expect that the manual command should be executed regardless.

Am I correct with this expectation ?

Do I need to set up a development environment and debug Eclipse on the failing
host ? If so, what break point should I set ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top