Re: [ptp-user] Remote Indexing Issue with PTP 6.0.3 and Remote Indexing Patch

On 02/08/2013 06:38 PM, Beth Tibbitts wrote:
Corey:
Next time I want someone to run experiments and document all the things
they tried, I'm hiring you!

;-) I find that if I don't do that sort of thing, I get confused as to what I've already tried, and the results of those trials.

I'm not sure how you're setting the include paths, but do what we say in
the SC12 tutorial
(slides at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials/SC12) but note the wiki
will be down tomorrow/Saturday while they move the servers!)
page Editor-5 and Editor-6  which is PDF pages 98-99
.. which says to use Project Properties, C/C++ General, Preprocessor
Include paths, CDT User Setting Entries, Add, and select 'Filesystem' in
the pulldown in the dialog where
you put the UNC path.

Does that help?

There are two ways to enter a path, and apparently I did it the old way, using C/C++ General, Paths and Symbols, Includes tab.

However, the result is that the path I entered *is* visible in the GUI location you mention above, and when I edit it, it shows that it does have the setting of "filesystem".

This got me thinking, what happens if I delete the local GCC config? Will the indexer take the first config in the list of configurations, in this case the only one left- the remote GCC config?

Experiment 9: Delete the Local GCC configuration, re-index with the remote path only in the remote GCC config.

Result 9: This works, and I don't need to move /usr/include/string.h in order for the indexer to find the remote one.

My current hypothesis, then, is that the indexer is always choosing the first configuration in the list, instead of the active one.

Back to the top