[ptp-user] Loading Modules and PTP

Dear PTP users,

I have a question about clusters that use modules to change the user's environments and whether this is integrated with eclipse/PTP. For instance, I recently installed eclipse for the first time on our cluster and installed the PTP components. I tried to compile my first parallel project within PTP but I noticed through compile errors that I hadn't loaded my MPICH2 module environment (that automatically sets up MPI paths, wrappers etc.). A quick 'module load' later, I tried to recompile and again I experienced the 'mpicc not found' problem. On the command line, everything worked fine. I then restarted eclipse/PTP and everything compiled without a problem.

My question is, can module/environment changes be picked up within a PTP session without having to restart eclipse?

Apologies, if this has been answered before ad nauseam. Thanks in advance.

Tim.

Back to the top