Re: [ptp-dev] git problem

> Well it seems to defeat one of the git "features", namely the ability to
> create and remove branches easily. Is there any reason why everyone
> shouldn't have this ability, which presumably they had before the gerrit
> switch?
>
> Greg

I would think the reasoning is to make it more difficult to erase/modify
the history of a git repository although I agree that this is taking things
a bit far. I can understand not wanting to allow rebases since that can be bad
practice on a public repo.

With that said, I think some projects have requested that their committers
get such permissions without having to constantly file bugs about it.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top