Re: [ptp-dev] git problem

> I'm trying to delete the hackthon branch, but I can't do it even using
> --force:
>
> $ git push --force origin :hackathon
> remote: Branch refs/heads/hackathon:
> remote: You need 'Push' rights with the 'Force Push'
> remote: flag set to delete references.
> remote: User: gwatson
> remote: Please read the documentation and contact an administrator
> remote: if you feel the configuration is incorrect
> remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
> To ssh://gwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git
>  ! [remote rejected] hackathon (cannot delete references)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://gwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git'
>
> Presumably this is something to do with the gerrit changes. Any ideas?

The last time I needed a branch deleted I needed to contact an admin
(filed a bug against Community/Gerrit) as I think some Gerrit
attributes manage the ability to do this.

You could also request permissions to delete branches if you
think this might be a frequent occurrence.

See http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.1/access-control.html#category_pHD

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg