[ptp-dev] org.eclipse.ptp.remote.* API changes

I've made some improvements to the remote.* plugins that simplify the API and avoids some initialization issues. Some package names have also been changed. I've also improved the RemoteConnectionWidget and converted over those parts of PTP (in particular RDT and Sync) that were implementing their own remote connection selection mechanisms.

Because of the extensive nature of the changes, quite a few packages have been modified. I've tried to make sure that everything is working with the new interfaces, but I may have missed something along the way. If something is broken, please let me know and I'll try to fix it asap.

The goal of this work is to get the remote packages into a form that will be acceptable to having them pushed down (up?) to the platform so that they can be used by the PTP, CDT, and LinuxTools projects.

I've opened bug 404967 to track this work. The first changes will hopefully be committed tomorrow.

Thanks,
Greg

Back to the top