Re: [ptp-dev] Git PTP project recommendations, rebase etc.

Thanks Brian.
So, can you explain in lay terms what these settings actually do and what happens if they aren't set?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Brian Watt---03/25/2013 05:04:41 PM---At EclipseCon I attended a 1/2 day Tutorial on Advanced GIT topBrian Watt---03/25/2013 05:04:41 PM---At EclipseCon I attended a 1/2 day Tutorial on Advanced GIT topics by Tim Berglund. I want to report

Brian Watt/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/25/2013 05:04 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Git PTP project recommendations, rebase etc.

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

At EclipseCon I attended a 1/2 day Tutorial on Advanced GIT topics by Tim Berglund. I want to report back that near the end of the session Tim suggested that GIT should be configured as we in PTP have done, that is, set branch.autosetuprebase to always and set branch.master.rebase to true. This is to confirm Beth's recent question about our Development Environment setup instructions at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_70. Bottom line, our instructions are still valid, that is, we should continue to define these two settings.

Bri