Re: [ptp-dev] quick monitoring test on yellowstone (LSF)

Jay,

a test account on the Yellowstone system would be great.

On 02/12/13 20:58, Alameda, Jay wrote:
Carsten,

I did a quick test on Yellowstone.ucar.edu
(http://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/resources/yellowstone), this is a pretty big
resource, so I was happy when LML rendered the system – it appears to be
running with hyperthreading on, so it looks like it has 2 16 core
processors/node.  I noticed that although the jobs list was populated,
jobs were indicated to be 1 core/job, and also not placed onto the
system image.  I went and found some capability jobs – using all the
cores in each node, for lots of nodes, though I could find the jobs on
the listing, they were not depicted on the graphical output.

Does that mean, that the jobs are not mapped to the nodes at all? Is the
entire Nodes View empty?

Best regards,

Carsten

I could request an account for you on this resource, if you would like –
they will need to send you a one-time password fob.  Let me know –it
looks like we may need to do some tweaking to get things working
correctly. I can also try some experiments if you would like.

Dave, I’ll try a simple job submission the next time I’m on the machine –

Jay