[ptp-dev] quick monitoring test on yellowstone (LSF)

Carsten,

I did a quick test on Yellowstone.ucar.edu (http://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/resources/yellowstone), this is a pretty big resource, so I was happy when LML rendered the system – it appears to be running with hyperthreading on, so it looks like it has 2 16 core processors/node.  I noticed that although the jobs list was populated, jobs were indicated to be 1 core/job, and also not placed onto the system image.  I went and found some capability jobs – using all the cores in each node, for lots of nodes, though I could find the jobs on the listing, they were not depicted on the graphical output.

I could request an account for you on this resource, if you would like – they will need to send you a one-time password fob.  Let me know –it looks like we may need to do some tweaking to get things working correctly. I can also try some experiments if you would like.

Dave, I’ll try a simple job submission the next time I’m on the machine –

Jay

Back to the top