[ptp-dev] Git PTP project recommendations, rebase etc.

I have a question about PTP workspace setup with respect to git.
In the Environment setup, I documented what I thought was a ptp-dev recommendation from Roland(?) early in our git days

In http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_70#Checking_out_PTP_projects
see the bottom of that section on Checking out PTP Projects.  "ONCE ONLY" and "FOR EACH REPOSITORY YOU HAVE CLONED" section.

Greg thinks that's not what we should be doing.  Can someone decide/edict so that we can update these instructions
on workspace setup so that those of us less-well-versed in git set it up correctly?  (we should probably update the 6.0 instructions too)
I recently had a big git mess that got cleaned up only with a lot of Greg's help.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---02/06/2013 04:09:26 PM---I have started an "Environment setup" wiki page for PTP 7.0 Beth Tibbitts---02/06/2013 04:09:26 PM---I have started an "Environment setup" wiki page for PTP 7.0 / Kepler It's at http://wiki.eclipse.org

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

02/06/2013 04:09 PM

[ptp-dev] PTP Environment setup page for PTP 7.0 / Kepler started

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have started an "Environment setup" wiki page for PTP 7.0 / Kepler

It's at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_70

I cloned the 6.0 stuff and those of you (us) forging ahead are welcome to muck when we find things that are different from Juno
Since Kepler is coming up to M5, this is the usual time of year when often we have to take the leap to developing "on" Kepler
and its friends... thus the basis for documenting the magic.

You know who you are.