[ptp-dev] Fwd: Problem with Linux remote build from Windows 7 client

resending because I got an error first time - sorry if you get the email twice.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Problem with Linux remote build from Windows 7 client
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm getting the same on Windows. And I don't think it depends on the toolchain.

RemoteMakeBuilder line 335 ( remoteEnvMap.putAll(envMap); ) replaces the environment. envMap comes from ManagedBuildManager.getEnvironmentVariableProvider().getVariables(configuration, true). This command returns the local environment variables. Thus the remote environment variables are set to the local environment variables. Because the local environment variables under Windows include odd characters like e.g. parenthesis and RemoteTools doesn't espace those characters correctly one gets this error message:
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Thus I think this is caused by two problems:
- at least in some cases the local environment is exported to the side (which doesn't seem to make sense in any case)
- RemoteTools doesn't escape strings correctly before it passes it to /bin/sh

Roland