Re: [ptp-dev] PTP 4.0.7 and Photran 6.0.7 are available

On 05/16/2011 05:44 PM, Corey Ashford wrote:
> Up till just now, I was not seeing the 4.0.7 release in the ptp updates
> site, but I finally found a solution to that issue:
>
> Help->Install new Software->"Available Software Sites"->Highlight the
> Helios ptp updates site
>
> Then click the "Reload" button on the right.  It will take about 15 seconds.
>
> Then do a cancel, and start the Heprocess again.  When you look in the
> ptp update site, you should now see the 4.0.7 release.  Make sure the
> ptp updates site is enable (has a checkmark), and then hit cancel.
>
> Now do Help->Check for updates.  This should install the updates.
>
> However, I'm still having some problems with this.  I'm seeing this
> error after I accept the Eclipse license agreement:
>
> An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
> session context was:(profile=SDKProfile,
> phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=,
> action=).
> No repository found containing:
> osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core,3.0.3.201104291906
> No repository found containing:
> osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user,1.0.0.201104291906
> No repository found containing:
> org.eclipse.update.feature,org.eclipse.ptp.rdt,4.0.7.201104291906
and so on...

Just a quick follow-up on this error.  I tried a number of things to
solve it.  Initially we thought it might have something to do with being
behind the IBM firewall, but I ruled that out by bringing my laptop home
and trying it from there (with no tunnel connection), and got the same
result.

Since I was able to install 4.0.7 on my home machine, I figured maybe I
had a corrupted Eclipse install, so I blew it away and started from
scratch and this time I was able to install 4.0.7.  So I don't know what
the exact original problem was, but it's now gone.

Thanks,

- Corey

Back to the top