[ptp-dev] API Change: add: org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.ui.ISynchronizeParticipant.getErrorMessage

Hi,

I would like to add the method "public String getErrorMessage()" to org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.ui.ISynchronizeParticipant. This would allow the participant to notify the NewRemoteSyncProjectWizardPage about any error messages while setting up. The ISynchronizeParticipant is not used outside of the sync packages and even within the sync page it is only used by the Wizard, its Operation and the participants.

From the Tuesday call my understanding regarding API changes after the API freeze is:
- We need to ask on the mailing for all API changes
- It is not required to open a bug or have some official vote. As long as not objections are voiced on the list, the change is OK

Please let me know if you object to the API change or if I misunderstood the procedure.

Thanks
Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Back to the top