Re: [ptp-dev] Problems trying to create resource manager using XML framework

Hi Dave,

> 1) Does this implementation support remote connections? I'm able to create
> a remote project using the remote tools connection and then navigate to
> the project directory on the remote system. However, in the run
> configuration, even though I select the resource manager, which is
> started, the browse button for the executable path opens a local file
> browser.

Dave, I'm not quite sure what you are describing here.  Did you provide an executable path widget in the ResourcesTab? That is, you configured one using the browse button widget in the XML?  If so, for remote path browsing you need to use the remote-path browse button (there are two different browse widgets).  Is that what you mean, or is it something else?

Also if I fill in the run configuration and click run, I get a
> bunch of output to the console view where it looks like a command is being
> executed setting a bunch of environment variables from my windows 7 system
> and the remote command dos not run.

I'm not sure why this would be happening.  The connections from the setup (RM Wizard) should pertain.

> 2) Is there an easy way to tell what line in the XML file is invalid when
> parse exceptions are thrown?

Here, unfortunately, I'm relying on the JAXB validator.  I'm not sure what can be done to make this clearer.  You need the schema, obviously; the validator strictly enforces the order of the elements, and will throw an exception at the first error.  So all you can do is try to find the first possible instance of <grid-data> (as per your exception) that might correspond to the stated error.

I'm not sure whether I can tweak the validator to spit out more information, but I can look ...

Al

Back to the top