Re: [ptp-dev] Problems trying to create resource manager using XML framework

Greg, Dave

This is a follow-up to the discussion about the "id" attribute on the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.core.JAXBResourceManagerConfigurations extension point.  That attribute points to the _selection factory_ (org.eclipse.ptp.ui.wizards.RMConfigurationSelectionFactory).

If you change it, you have to implement a new selection factory as well.  But there is no need, because

org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.ui.wizards.JAXBRMConfigurationSelectionFactory

is written to handle all contributions to this extension point.  It's id is "org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.JAXBServiceProvider"

At this point I'm not sure what the correct thing to do is; the id may be redundant, or it could be useful if a special corner-case configuration needs to be created (but that sort of defeats the purpose of this undertaking);  hence I would be inclined to remove it from the extension point.  However, that will inevitably entail changes to

org.eclipse.ptp.ui.wizards.RMProviderContributor,

private static void getRMConfigurationSelectionFactories() [ll. 58ff.].

This is basically your domain Greg.  Let me know what to do (I know you are currently overloaded).

For the moment, Dave, continue to set that id to "org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.JAXBServiceProvider" for all contributors to the extension point.

Al

Back to the top